1 users online

peterjeremy

Football Rumours on Monday 5th September 2011

last updated Monday 05th September 2011, 9:16 AM


Football rumours from today's newspapers

  • Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas is planning to challenge Spurs for the signature of Bolton Wanderers defender Gary Cahill when the January transfer window opens.
    (Metro)

  • Controversial ex-Blackburn Rovers striker El-Hadji Diouf is a shock target for big-spending ­Leicester boss Sven-Goran Eriksson after leaving the Ewood Park club. Diouf, who is a free agent, is also wanted by West Ham, but will consider all offers, including those from the US and Qatar, before making a decision.
    (The Mirror)

  • Everton's Joseph Yobo wants club owner Bill Kenwright to let him join Turkish giants Fenerbahce on loan for the season. The Toffees want to sell Yobo and are looking for a fee before the Turkish transfer deadline on Monday.
    (The Mirror)

  • Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is looking at two Premier League strikers that he will consider moves for in the long term as he looks to improve his Bernabeu attacking options.
    (CaughtOffside)

  • Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will monitor Lazio midfielder Hernanes over the coming months with a view to a possible bid for the Lazio man in January.
    (CaughtOffside)

  • Tottenham midfielder Giovani dos Santos is target for a trio of Turkish clubs - the Turkish transfer window closes on Monday.
    (Inside Futbol)

  • Spurs are planning to make a move for LA Galaxy midfielder David Beckham in November when he is made a free transfer.
    (CaughtOffside)

  • QPR boss Neil Warnock says his club were close to signing forward Craig Bellamy.
    (talkSPORT)
OTHER GOSSIP
  • Arsenal's Theo Walcott has admitted that the Gunners' 8-2 loss at Old Trafford last week was one of the worst moments of his career but he still rates missing out on the 2010 World Cup as his lowest point.
    (The Mirror)

  • Frank Lampard is in contention to start for England against Wales on Tuesday evening with manager Fabio Capello concerned that both Scott Parker and Gareth Barry are one caution away from being suspended for the final Euro 2012 qualifier away to Montenegro.
    (Daily Telegraph)

  • Capello has called on Andy Carroll to get fit amid enduring concerns about the Liverpool striker's lifestyle and the delays in him getting back in shape after recovering from a knee injury.
    (Daily Mail)

  • Former England coach Terry Venables believes Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand's place in the national side could be under threat.
    (The Sun)

  • Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu believes the club's £35m acquisition of midfielder Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal was "a very good deal".
    (Daily Mail)

  • QPR boss Neil Warnock says his new signing, midfielder Joey Barton, should be playing for a top-four side.
    (talkSPORT)
AND FINALLY '
  • Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini's wife Federica saw off three masked burglars when they tried to break into their family home near Porto Cervo on the Italian island of Sardinia.
    (The People)

  • Rapper Plan B has revealed that he was so addicted to the Championship Manager computer game that he almost dropped out of college.
    (Metro)























Source BBC Sport
Since 1998
"It's been updated!"