1 users online

peterjeremy

Jol laments Bryan Ruiz international commitments

last updated Wednesday 05th December 2012, 12:06 PM


Fulham manager Martin Jol
Fulham manager
Martin Jol
Other
Martin Jol
Stories
Fulham manager Martin Jol admits Bryan Ruiz's international commitments are getting in the way of Fulham's progress this season.

The Whites boss expects the Costa Rican to have made a full recovery from a hamstring injury this week and be available for Monday's visit of Newcastle to Craven Cottage.

Fulham striker Bryan Ruiz
Fulham striker
Bryan Ruiz
More
Bryan Ruiz
Stories
But the Dutchman says a recurring theme for the 27-year-old has been returning from long overseas trips less than 100 per cent.

It is a familiar lament for the manager, who made similar observations about Mohamadou Diarra after he returned from Mali with a knee injury at the start of the season.

"This year, he [Ruiz] is much stronger than last year and every time I played him, he was one of our better players, so he's coping with English football," Jol said.

"But every time he goes to Costa Rica, he comes back with an injury.

"He's captain of his country, so he wants to play there and of course, we have to allow him to play there, but he had two or three times this last year when he went and came back with a little problem."























Source Yann Tear at Fulham Chronicle
Since 1998
"It's been updated!"