0 users online

Symons says Fulham still a work in progress

last updated Monday 16th February 2015, 4:16 PM


Fulham Football Club


Fulham Manager Kit Symons
Fulham Manager
Kit Symons
More
Kit Symons
Stories
His Wiki page
Fulham manager Kit Symons has admitted his side are still a work in progress after a recent dip in form.

After taking charge in September, he guided the Whites from bottom of the Championship to a place in mid-table.

However, they have lost three of their last four league games and are now only five points above the relegation zone.

"Confidence is still quite fragile. There is a lot of work still to be done and that is clear for everyone to see," Symons told BBC London 94.9.

Fulham had only taken one point from the previous seven games, when Symons took charge on an interim basis following the sacking of Felix Magath.

The 43-year-old won five of his first nine games in charge and was confirmed as manager in October on a deal until the summer of 2016.

"When I first took over it was about steadying the ship, galvanising and getting everything together," Symons said.

"We did that and that went quite well. It is about rebuilding now and rebuilding is the tough bit, given where we had to come from. We need to get on with it and do better, without a doubt."

The west London club were 14th in the table, and 11 points above the bottom three, after beating Nottingham Forest last month, but they have dropped to 19th after taking just one point from the last 12.

"We've always been closer to the bottom than we have to the top at any stage since I took over," the former Wales international added.

"We are in a bit of a scrap at the moment and we need to roll our sleeves up and fight.

"When things start going against us, I think collectively we need to get together, calm down, still look to get on the ball and pass it in the right areas of the pitch - without giving it away stupidly."






















Source BBCSports
Since 1998
"It's been updated!"