0 users online

Trotta staying at Fulham for now

last updated Thursday 09th October 2014, 8:43 PM


Fulham striker Marcello Trotta
Fulham striker
Marcello Trotta
Other
Marcello Trotta
Stories
Barnsley have failed to sign Fulham striker Marcello Trotta but are still searching for a new forward.

Manager Danny Wilson said last week that he could make several more signings following the arrival of Ryan Williams and Peter Ramage.

But he is happy with his current midfield after switching to a 4-5-1 formation and a striker is thought to be the only priority at the moment.

There is unlikely to be any movement on any front before the weekend. Fulham - who leant the Reds Williams last week - pulled out of a deal for Italy under 21 star Trotta to come to Oakwell.

Chief executive Ben Mansford said: "Marcello is someone we wanted to bring to the club and we had good dialogue with Fulham. But, for one reason or another, they felt things weren't right at their end and the deal is off.

"The one piece of recruitment we are looking to do is to sign a big striker. But we won't make signings for the sake of it. It has to be the right player."

Wilson added: "We are still looking for a big striker but so are 92 other clubs. It is very difficult."






















Source Doug O'Kane at Barnsley Chronicle
Since 1998
"It's been updated!"